With the objective of addressing the financing constraint faced by small and mid-sized companies, support the national economies to bounce back from the negative impact of COVID-19, drive growth in private sector and deliver sustainable value to investors, partners and investees, we set a benchmark to assess SMEs that best align with the overarching fund objective.
- Consideration: capable and reputable operators with proven business models and track records.
- Maturity: greenfield, brownfield and growth companies with established high-performing team or with a willingness and ability to build one.
- Focus: preference for business models that leverage local talent and resources per ESG standards.
- Risk: possibility for risk mitigation through transaction structuring, collateral and guarantees of sponsors.
- Shareholding: strategic minority stake and developmental majority stake.