In our bid to build African businesses with social and economic impact, and to deliver sustainable value to both our investors and partners, we set stringent screening criteria that ensure we identify the best companies and promoters that are strongly aligned with the fund’s overarching objectives.
- Partnering with capable, reputable, operators with proven business models and track records
- Preference for companies with established teams or with a willingness to build a professional high-performing team
- Preference for business models that leverage local talent and resources, and which are compliant with global ESG standards
- Opportunities where risk mitigation is possible through transaction structuring, collateral and personal guarantees of sponsors
- Investments to be Equity, Quasi-Equity, Debt
- Majority or Minority Stake depending on business model and pre-investment assessment
- Opportunities that can be exited through listing on the stock exchange, sale to other PE Funds or a strategic buyer